We install quality bathrooms from start to finish, with all the bits in between taken care of.We provide advice and guidance during a free site survey, and we have a blog with lots of articles that cover frequently asked questions and show you examples of our recent work. (link to blog)We install bathrooms from start to finish, supplying all the necessary trades and project managing the whole process, so you don’t have to!
We work to detailed, itemised estimates with fixed costs, so you can budget properly without fear of unexpected skyrocketing prices.
Our focus is on doing a proper job for a fair price in a reasonable time – see here for more info.
As part of this recent bathroom fitting in Thorner the following work was done:
The old leaking, shower was removed as was the wall that split the bathroom in half – this opened up the space massively.
The external wall was levelled & insulated with 50mm kingspan insulation.
After new wiring was run to serve the LED spotlights & extractor fan we also insulated and overboarded the ceiling to keep the heat in.
We also replaced the window cill as the wall was now deeper.
The corner was squared off so the new shower tray would fit into the corner, and pipework was alterred to suit the new shower positioning.
The walls were then reboarded…
…and tanked to guarantee a long lasting tile installation.
The walls were then tiled with a large format ceramic tile.
The thermostatic mixer shower & shower enclosure was then fitted.
We removed the existing basin, wallpaper and wall tiles….
…and replaced it with a large basin & vanity unit that filled the recess completely.
We also added an LED mirror with a shaver point over the basin and tiled the surrounding walls.
We moved the bath to suit the new room layout.
And tiled a small area around the bath to protect the walls.
We fitted a large chrome towel radiator to provide sufficient heat output for this large room.
Here you can see that we have utilised the skirting to hide the bath waste behind the radiator valves.
The old WC was removed.
Provisions were made for a back to wall toilet with a concealed cistern in the (boarded over) former alcove.
Walls were then plastered and decorated and skirting boards fitted.
The floor was covered with cement tile backer boards before being covered in self levelling compound to smooth over any irregularities in this old, wonky cottage.
Safety flooring was then fitted to compliment the ceramic wall tiles, and the back to wall toilet was then fitted on top.
The transformation was complete
1. We listened to the customers requirements and provided them with a quote for the bathroom suite that would suit their needs from our local supplier, which was beneficial for the customer in a couple of ways:
• Good quality items from a local family run business.
• Replacements readily available if damaged in transit etc due to the excellent relationship I have built up with my local supplier. Compare this to some internet based firms that will haggle and argue over any return and can take weeks and weeks of communication to resolve (and a delayed bathroom installation / time without facilities / living with a building site etc)
• My suppliers local showroom offers customers the chance to see suite items (bath, basin etc) ‘in the flesh’ before purchasing.
2. We listened to the customers tile & flooring requirements and then sourced suitable complimenting materials from our local suppliers; no need for the customer to trek round several suppliers getting overloaded with choice whilst trying to match everything up whilst remaining on budget etc!
3. We provided a turn key bathroom installation comprising of bringing together the following trades:
• labourers for the rip out
• General builders for removing walls & insulating everything.
• electrician for the lighting, mechanical extraction, LED mirror etc
• plasterer for the ceiling & walls
• painter & decorator for the walls & ceiling
• plumber for fitting the bathroom suite
• floor fitter for the safety flooring
• tiler for the tiling
All these trades were managed to complete the bathroom in under 2 weeks without the customer even having to be on site as everything was agreed (and written down in a highly detailed estimate) beforehand.
We also arranged for the waste disposal via our local skip supplier (in areas where access is limited we have other means of waste removal so don’t worry.)
I hope you have found this useful, please leave a comment below or get in touch for a free site survey